"It's been a very difficult year!"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My mum was admitted as an emergency in December 2013 with a twisted bowel and kidney failure. Following successful surgery the next day, unfortunately her body did not recover as it should, and she remained on Kings A2 for 8 months, eventually leaving yesterday. This time has been a roller coaster, for her, us and the staff. It has taken many months of their experience, dedication, care, professionalism, family meetings and the wonderful support by the nursing staff, which has finally allowed mum to leave hospital. Four weeks ago, dad was admitted to Cambridge Ward, and then onto a nursing home where sadly he died. The Ward Manager on Cambridge and her team were absolutely amazing and I cannot thank the manager enough. Equally, the staff on Kings A2 have been brilliant, helping us all at a time of great sadness, as well as being their through thick and thin over the past 8 months, and an example of the best of the NHS. Thank you all.

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback and I am so glad to see how pleased you are with the care provided to your mother and father over a long period of time. It must have been a stressful time for you all. We are very proud of our clinical teams who work really hard to provide good quality and effective care. I hope your mother continues to make a good recovery at home.