"Knee replacement"

About: Derriford Hospital

Just had my second knee replacement and four days recovery on Stannon ward. I cannot fault the treatment during and after the operation. The surgeon and his team were super and the aftercare was, in the circumstances, excellent. I was lucky to be in a ward of three other ladies and we had quite a jolly time. The nursing staff with maybe two exceptions were cheerful and kind. I would like to mention especially two of the night staff who appeared with cups of tea when sleep was elusive. I am glad that I only have two knees but I can happily recommend Derriford and Stannon ward for orthopaedic treatment.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Jacquikernow

I will ensure that the teams and Stannon Ward are aware of your comments.

Wish you well in your speedy recovery

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good afternoon, Thank you for your great feedback and I am so please to hear of your positive experience that you had on Stannon Ward, with your second successful knee replacement recently. I will ensure that the teams and Stannon Ward are aware of your comments. Wish you well in your speedy recovery Best wishes Genny