"Procedure cancelled"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Today I had an appointment for a CT scan . I arrived 30 minutes early , got called up about 10 mins late (not a problem) . Was left to sit in a room undressed from waist up with a gown I couldn't tie myself for 20 minutes only to be eventually told that they couldn't go ahead with the procedure as I hadn't had a blood test beforehand ( because I'm diabetic ) . When I received the original letter confirming my appointment I immediately rang the automated phone line to confirm my attendance and also stated that I was diabetic ! So then , why today was this not picked up until a nurse asked me was I diabetic . I then was told to go to Pathology for a blood test . So apart from all the turmoil of more further appointments today , I have used fuel to get from Chorley to Blackpool , paid £2 parking fee and lost 3 hours in wages as I didn't get to work until 5pm where I work at Chorley Hospital . I am in enough turmoil with illnesses etc without having all this going on , not happy ! The automated system worried me when I rang it several weeks ago , my worries were confirmed today . Finally in Part 4 of this it says what department ? You do not give the option of X Ray Central .

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Clifton,

Kind Regards,

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)

Response from Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered when visiting the hospital as an Outpatient. I would like to investigate your concerns further and do urge you to contact my team on 01253 955589 or pals@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk so we can take some more details. I will also be sharing your valuable feedback with team in x-ray central, so that they can do some of their own investigation into the issues raised. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for giving us your feedback, as this will help us to improve the services that we provide. Kind Regards, Paul Jebb Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)