"Southend A&E"

About: Southend Hospital

Me and my partner went there on a Tuesday at 8pm. The receptionist admitted him for an X-ray for his hand. Then we sat down and waited. And waited. And waited. 2 and a half hour later I asked the very same lady when he is going to be seen she told me there is only a couple of other patients in front (they all arrived after us) and she said they were very busy (mind you what happens on weekends??) . Then I said we have been waiting for such a long time and it is getting uncomfortable as I am 39+weeks pregnant. She said they do not take this into consideration. Thanks very much. So, after 3.5 hours finally he was called into the X-ray room. It was 12 am when we left the building with the results. Utterly ridiculous.

Response from Louise McIver, Patient Involvement Coordinator, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your post regarding your partners visit to our A&E department. I am really sorry you had this experience and apologise for the time you had to wait.

If you feel this is something you would like us to look into further can I ask that you contact our Complaints Department with your partner's details and we can look into this further for you, unfortunately via this route without identifiable information I am unable to do this for you now.

Please use the following details - Email - complaints@southend.nhs.uk or write into us - Complaints Department, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 0RY.

I thank you again for your post and wish you well for the future.

Regards,