"Appiontments"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I came to the outpatient department for treatment , the consultant said as I was leaving he wanted to see me in 4 weeks time . At the reception I was told they would post this appointment to me I have received it for 4 months time . I called to remake it and was told by the receptionist it was the only one available and it would be ok ! I asked twice for an earlier appointment the second time I was put on hold for ages and just gave up !! Further to this when I asked for the name of the person I was speaking to it wasn't forthcoming .

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are sorry that you have had an issue with your follow-up appointment booking. There are occasions when it is not possible, due to capacity of clinics, to book an appointment before you leave. In these instances, the appointments staff will arrange an appointment and send this to you, but it should be as near as possible to your clinically requested review. With regard to your telephone call, all staff should state who they are upon answering the phones, and we apologise that this was not the case when you called.