"Fantastic labour wharncliffe and scbu"

About: Rotherham Hospital

Was rushed to Rotherham from doncaster on 21st June at 32 weeks pregnant, was scared,upset and had lots of negative thoughts running through my mind, these were soon gone, I was met by a lot of medical staff as it was a emergancy it was daunting there must have been about 16 people but I was soon put to ease allthough everything was happening so quickly there was always a member of the team next to me holding my hand and explaining everything and calming me down, every single person in that room was fantastic, so a huge thank you especially to the main midwife who cared for me, after my c section I was taken to wharncliffe ward again fantastic each and every single one of the midwifes were brilliant I felt extremely cared for! Most of all and biggest praise is to scbu you all are truly fantastic it's a extremely hard time for any parent with a baby going straight into special care but the staff there not only do absolute everything for the babies they help and support parents aswell. I cannot say thankyou enough times and no words describe how hard the staff In the scbu unit work. I hope my praises get passed on as all wards mentioned deserve a massive thankyou. I would defiantly reccomended any women to have there baby here and I'm so lucky my not so good hospital was busy that day! Thanks so much Rotherham for your great level of care me and my baby daughter received.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Hello my name is Kerry, thank you for your post via NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback on the Maternity Services and the Special Care Baby Unit at the Trust and are pleased that you felt extremely cared for and that the staff were fantastic. It is also great to hear that you would recommend our Maternity Services at the Trust to others.

Your kind comments and thanks will be passed on to the staff concerned,

With best wishes