About: Royal United Hospital

I was at the ruh with a relative today who was in day surgery. She stayed in the day surgical ward b42. I used a ladies toilet and was disgusted at the state it was in. There was a disposable bed pan on the floor with what looked like bloody urine. There where paper towels dipped in it and must of been there a while as the urine was drying on them. There where no paper towels to dry my hands on and the toilet it's self was filthy. Other wise the care was good.

Response from Royal United Hospital

We welcome your comments regarding your experience at the RUH as it helps us to identify problems and improve the quality of our service and care. We are very sorry to learn about the cleanliness of the ladies toilet on your recent visit with a relative to the Day Surgery unit and we apologise for the condition the toilet was found to be in and acknowledge that clearly this was unacceptable. This matter has been brought to the attention of the ward manager and cleaning manager who will ensure that the toilets on the unit are checked more regularly in order to prevent this happening again. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01225 825656 or via email at ruh-tr.PatientAdviceandLiaisonService@nhs.net.