"I was given a very thorough examination"

About: NHS Fife Victoria Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Having experienced a strange feeling in my foot, I was give a GP appointment at 9. 30am. He wasn't certain what the problem was but decided he should phone the duty consultant at Victoria hospital.

She made an appointment for me to be seen at 11am. I was given a very thorough examination, ECG, CT Scan, Physio assessment, and at least an hour of one to one consultation and advice. Every encounter was good.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Mrs Sue

It is great to hear when things go well and when services are consistently good, so thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It would be great to be able to share this directly with the GP practice and with the consultant who saw you, so if you are able to provide additional information then I can make sure your post makes it way to them. In the meantime I will share your post with the Clinincal Lead in Orthopaedics and with our Physiotherapy and Radiology teams so they can share your positive feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards

Louise Ewing

Patient Relations Manager

NHS Fife

01592 648153

patientrelations.fife@nhs.net

Response from John Wilson, Chief Executive, NHS Fife

Dear Mrs Sue,

How kind of you to take the time to let us know about your recent experience. I am pleased to see that you felt you were dealt with promptly and effectively and I hope we can feed your positive feedback on to the individual staff concerned. They will be delighted th hear that you were happy with the care given.

I hope all is now well.

Best wishes,

John Wilson, Chief Executive NHS Fife.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Mrs Sue

Just wanted to say thank you for getting in touch directly and sharing further details which has enabled me to share your post with those involved.

Louise Ewing