"dissapointed"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

After a very bad fall I went to a&e in Chorley there I was treated with care and respect but after telling the nurse a couple of times that my arm hurt I was told I could move it and wriggle my fingers so it was fine and was discharged .After 3 weeks of servere pain I went to my hospital in Sheffield and I was told I have a broken wrist and elbow I feel that if I had had an xray I would not have had to suffer all that pain when I visit Chorley again I must make sure i don t fall again.

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind comments regarding the manner in which you were treated. I'm sorry to hear of your experience with regard to the diagnosis and treatment of your fracture and have fed your comments back to senior medical and nursing staff to enable them to look into the matter. If you would like to discuss your care or have a more detailed, personal response to the concerns you have raised, can I ask you to please contact the Customer Care Department on 01772 522521.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you were treated in the manner that we would want for all our patients, but sorry to hear of your experience with regard to your diagnosis and treatment. If you would like to discuss this matter further or to receive a more individual response, can I ask you to please contact the Customer Care department on 01772 522521.