"Very poor Accident and Emergency Dept."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Absolutely disgusted with the staff and level of care i received at the A and E department on the evening of 05/08/2014. I received a deep laceration to my wrist from a broken wine glass which was absolutely pouring with blood. On arrival at A and E i was asked if i had been drinking to which i replied, yes as i had consumed two glasses of wine with an evening meal. I wasn't in the least bit inebriated. I only said i'd had a drink in case it affected any treatment i might receive. After this i was treated like some drunken yob. No compassion whatsoever shown by any of the nurses or staff. Not consulted about ant of the treatment administered to me. And made to feel so uncomfortable that if i hadn't have had broken glass still in the wound i would have discharged myself and left. I was under the impression that people went into nursing to "care" for people. The attitude and manner of all the people involved in treating me was deplorable. I hope that neither me nor any member of my family ever have to step foot in this place again.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm sorry to hear of your experience as it is not one that we would want for any of our patients. Your comments have been forwarded to senior staff in the Emergency Department; however, if you would like to discuss your experience and have a more personal response, can I ask you to please contact the Customer Care Department on 01772 522521.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent treatment in the Emergency Department. We're sorry to hear of your experience as it is not one that we would want for any of our patients. Should you want to discuss this further, or receive a more personal response to your concerns, can we ask youto please contact the Customer Care department on 01772 522521.