"urine infection from the test of the bladder"

About: Birmingham Women's Hospital / Gynaecology

I had an appointment to Urogynaecology, Woments Hospital in Birmingham. It was all good no problem. Nice staff, good doctor, except I got an urine infection from the test of the bladder. That was not good! The nurses did not sterilise the area, just wiped it clean.

Response from Maria McLeod, Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment, we are sorry to hear that you have had problems since your appointment.

We take infection control very seriously at Birmingham Women's Hospital and have an excellent record as staff are so vigilant, so it is worrying to hear about your experience.

It would be helpful if you could contact the Urogynaecology Department where you had your appointment so that you can talk through your concerns with a member of staff, if possible, ask to speak to one of the Senior Nurses as I am sure they would be keen to look into the issue you have raised.

Response from Birmingham Women's Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback. We always strive for a safe, clean environment for our patients, so your feedback is very disappointing to hear. I will ensure the Urogynae team are given a chance to reflect on your feedback. If you'd like further information or support, please do get in touch with us on 0121 627 2747. Thank you, Amy Maclean, Head of Patient Experience