"Community matron service nothing but exemplary"

About: Central Lancashire PCT / Community nursing Royal Preston Hospital / Older people's healthcare

My treatment in hospital was the first six months of 2008 for various illnesses i.e. heart, lungs,typhoid, diabetes etc. I received admirable care and the nurses were very kind. I do admit they are over worked. One thing I did notice Patients toilets were only cleaned once or twice a day and a lot of patients keep off the loo with sore bowels. I'm sure this spreads germs. Whilst I was abroad I noticed the toilet seats were wiped down after every use.

I now receive help from the community matron service, which has been nothing but exemplary. My treatment is ongoing and long term. The ladies who come are very friendly and easy to get along with; they're also very efficient. I don't see any problems with this service, as far as I am concerned there are no "worse bits" or nothing "should change". Thank you.

Response from Julie-Ann Bowden, Clinical Quality and Assurance Manager, NHS Central Lancashire

Dear handy628

Thanks for posting your experience of the Community Matron Service provided by NHS Central Lancashire. I will make sure that the Community Matron team is made aware of the comments you have made about your satisfaction with the service. It is really pleasant to receive a 'thank you'.