"The help to recovery"

About: Victoria Hospital / Rheumatology

I have fibromyalgia and had a flare up in march 2013. I ended up losing my job and social life, my family life was also suffering I was stuck in such a rut. I got referred to a specialist M. E CFS nurse. I have had regular visits from him and every time it has been very positive and helped me so much with strategies to my recovery. This service is fantastic I am so grateful for the help I have received.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear bee27

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with fibromyalgia and for sharing with us the impact this has had on your life. In a situation like this it is important that individuals have access to support and it is great to hear that the nurse has played such an importnat role in enabling you to develop strategies to deal with your condition. Your gratitude is appreciated and I will make sure that I share it with the nurse and with the management team.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Louise Ewing

Patient Relations Manager

Response from John Wilson, Chief Executive, NHS Fife

Dear bee27,

It was very good of you to take the time to share your thoughts about the service you have received to support you. Our staff all strive to provide high quality person centred care and it is reassuring to hear that it has been appreciated. I know the team concerned will be delighted to hear what you have said.

I hope you are keeping in good health.

Best wishes,