"There was no follow up"

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

(as a volunteer/advocate),

In a GP Practice

They take a look at you and give you pills no matter what is wrong with you. They don’t get back to you, follow up. They just leave you to get on with it. This is bad for mum, some medication makes her ill and slur her words which makes her worse and no one reviews this. I don’t get to voice my opinion or give input.

Dear Strawberry1,

Thank you for using Patient Opinion to let us know how frustrated you feel about this. As a relative, it can be very worrying and frustrating watching our loved ones going through difficult times. Does your Mum feel the same way about her care I wonder?

Do you think it would be helpful to meet with a GP and your Mum and Dad to have a chat about your concerns? As I mentioned in response to your previous post, perhaps it would be best to go through the official complaints process or contact the Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) at the Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Patient Adviser for East Ayrshire, Antonia Hayles can be contacted on 0800 3282519 or AHayles@eastayrshirecab.casonline.org.uk or contact me on 01563 826222 or eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk

I hope you and your parents do take the chance have a chat to see if things can be resolved to the satisfaction of you and your parents.

Kind regards,