"Long wait in A&E"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Accident and emergency Whitstable & Tankerton Hospital / General medicine

Injury sustained broken 5th base MT was advised by minor Injurys Whitstable. May I add was great with there care saw within 45 mins.

Advised to contact fracture clinic Medway which I did was told to go via A&E which I did with letter was then sent to minors. I was the 3rd I'm waiting room people where booking in whist I was there and getting seen 2 hours later. I asked where I was on list was told next within next hour.

4 other patients went through I asked again were on list then told 3rd. All I want was an appointment with frac clinic was told I would have to be assessed first 3 hours in total.

I left without being seen or even assessed if I had stayed I would have had to wait a further 2/3 hours

Response from Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Please accept our apologies for the long wait in the A and E department.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of patients using our service.

We should have kept you informed of the delays however I read that you then left the department without being seen or assessed.

I hope you have since managed to get yourself an appointment for the fracture clinic.

• Dumpling thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Dumpling (the patient)

No I have not returned. And have no appointment as yet.

Response from Medway NHS Foundation Trust

If you would like some assistance with booking an appointment at the fracture clinic then please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01634 825004 who will do what they can to help.

• Dumpling thinks this response is helpful