"He helped me to start to feel good about myself again"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

When I first went to see the counsellor I was having a lot of negative thoughts about myself because of things that had happened in the past and I was wondering a lot about things that might happen in the future.

The counsellor showed me how my negative thinking habits were affecting my feeling, actions and self-image. He taught me several useful techniques for dealing with my worries + feelings. I particularly found ‘worry time’, the judgement sheet and practical problem solving to be helpful.

The counsellor was very easy to talk to. He took my worries and concerns seriously and was supportive and encouraging. He helped me to start to feel good about myself again.

Response from Tracey Murden, Inclusion Matters

It sounds like you have to deal with some difficult life events. I'm pleased that through therapy you have been able to learn techniques that help you deal with your worries and develop soime proactical coping skills. You also sound like you had a positive therapeutic relationship with your counsellor which is very important in any therapeutic intervention.

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Best wishes