"Ward 4 gallbladder removal"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I stayed on Ward 4 for 3 nights following my gallbladder removal on the 24th July 2014. From the moment I arrived at the waiting room on the day of my operation to the day of my discharge, I was met with friendly smiles, a professional service and treated with dignity at all times. The theatre staff were great and they even managed to get a laugh out of me despite my nervousness, as we walked to the operating theatre. My thanks go to my consultant for a successful operation and wounds that are healing well, his secretary for being the friendly voice on the end of the phone and to all the clinical and non-clinical staff on Ward 4. During my stay on Ward 4, I found all the staff caring and they met each patient's individual needs to the best of their ability. Knowing how busy they were I rarely bothered them but when I did have a simple request, they listened and more importantly they acted on it as soon as they could. The Ward and sideroom 5 were clean and I felt comfortable during my time there.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Dear Margaret, We're delighted to hear that you were so well cared for by our staff on Ward 4 and that your experience in our hospital was so positive. Thanks for taking the time to send this message, which we'll pass on to the staff involved.