"Very unhelpful service"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Oral Surgery & Medicine

I have to attend the Townhead Dental Department due to having heamophila and get treatment at the Heamophilia Department prior to getting treatment done. Today I telephoned this practice due to me needing two teeth out I have been experiencing alot of pain now for over three months. I was very angry today when I spoke with the receptionist in relation to the extractions that I need done, she told me the following " If you are in so much pain then go to your own dentist in Helensburgh and he can sort you". on doing this I then telephoned my dentist and as previous he cannot touch my tooth or take it out due to my Hemophilia as he is not trained in this type of illness.

I was then told that I may have to wait almost 4 months to be seen, not only does this affect my health due to my diabetes but I was being pushed pillar to post by this department and I now have to live with the paint until then. this department has not treated me with the respect.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear waterloo

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. We have passed your comments on to the relevant service manager.

If you wish to make a formal complaint regarding this service, this should be sent to:

Mrs L Armstrong

East Dunbartonshire CHCP

Stobhill Hospital

300 Balgrayhill Road

Glasgow G21 3UR

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful