"Diabetic service in the community "

About: Stockport NHS Foundation Trust / Diabetes and Vascular Service - Tameside & Glossop

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

This story has been posted by Healthwatch Tameside on behalf of a member of the public. We have their details and will forward any comments to them, as they do not have an email address. They said…

I am diabetic and under the new diabetic service, my treatment has been transferred from the hospital to my GPs surgery at St Andrews House Medical Centre in Stalybridge. I receive fantastic care from them. I had a letter asking me to ring and make an appointment. When I went in the nurse checked my blood and as a result my medication was changed slightly which has worked much better.

I think more services should be transferred to the community and GPs, like cancer after-care. This would free up more capacity for new referrals at the hospitals.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting this on behalf of the patient and please thank the patient for taking the time to share such a positive review oif the service.