"Excellent service and support given for M.E"

About: NHS Fife

My son who is in his 40's developed M. E. several years ago. No one seemed to have an answer and as a family we saw my son deteriorating from being a Computer Engineer who had a well respected job into someone who just let go on normal life.

Then the GP referred my son to Keith who was newly in post. He was a breath of fresh air. Here was someone who actually understood how my son was feeling and was able to give him a great deal of help in managing his condition.

The time that Keith gave my son and the understanding and non judgemental manner in which he deals with my son has definitely helped in my son's route to hopefully eventual recovery.

The knowledge and understanding of the condition was good. However this very valuable service could be expanded.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Riagan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and the difference Keith’s support has made to your son. I have shared your feedback with Keith and with the Management Team who were delighted to receive such positive feedback about the service. We are very fortunate in Fife to have such a service.

Thank you for taking the time to post

Regards

Louise Ewing

Patient Relations Manager

NHS Fife

01592 648153

patientrelations.fife@nhs.net

• Riagan thinks this response is helpful