"Not having internet access in hospital"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I Would like to put in a complaint about the computers we have in our Low Secure hospital. They are not working with the internet sites I want to go on like ebay. Please can you get internet updated so we can actually use sites like google like normal people. I would like to order some CDs. Please hurry up with this

Response from Yvonne Bird, Community Forensics OT, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for posting your views on the internet access available at the Wells Road centre.

As you may be aware we have only recently had internet access available for your use.

We have agreed to trial a system whereby there is only access to specific sites, but can hear that this is not meeting your specific needs in relation to internet access.

We will be holding a service user feedback session in September to hear the views of those that have had internet access and the way the current system is set up. We will let all wards know when this meeting is to be held.

I will ensure that this posting is fed into this meeting

Yvonne Bird