"Cancelled appointments"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

My son has Crohn's Disease a life long condition that needs to monitored. I am sick to death of his appointments being cancelled the latest one with as little as three days notice. It's no wonder the the health service is in a mess, if they helped people manage their conditions and checked on them then conditions wouldn't worsen and need more costly intervention at a later date. The medication he is on has serious side effects. They just don't care about their patients. I find it disgusting.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry to hear that your son’s appointments have been cancelled with little or no notice. I would like to investigate this further, I urge you to contact my team on 01253 955589 or pals@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk so we can take some more details.

I will be sharing your feedback with the team in the waiting list department, so that they can do some of their own investigation into the issues raised.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for giving us your feedback, as this will help us to improve the services that we provide.

Kind Regards,

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)