"Day surgery experience"

I don't usually write reviews but my recent experience was outstanding and i feel it is important future patients are made aware how lucky we are having this facility in Wimborne. I was admitted for day surgery and was really nervous at the thought of a general anaesthetic, the pre op assessment was with the loveliest nurse who instantly made me feel calm and at ease, she explained everything thoroughly and even offered to show me the ward so i knew what to expect. On the day, the nurses were welcoming and instantly reassuring, there was only three of us booked in and following admission we all waited together with the nurses constantly checking we were okay. The lighting was purposely dimmed and the ambience relaxing. The consultant was very approachable and spent time with each of us before our op talking through the procedure, as did the anaesthetist. In addition, the recovery room nurses came to introduce themselves so we would see a familiar face when coming round in recovery. I cant express how humanistic the staff were, they made me feel like a VIP and it felt like i had gone to a private hospital, this lasted throughout my stay, until i was discharged to go home. The nurses made the experience as positive as possible and the consultants were also extremely professional and approachable. If you are offered surgery at Wimborne hospital, take it. Before my operation i looked through these reviews and am surprised there are so few, perhaps it is because like me, people don't usually bother. Thank you to all the staff involved in my treatment, you are a credit to the profession.

Response from Victoria Hospital W'borne

‘Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback on line, as we greatly appreciate any patient comments. We are pleased that you had such a good experience at our hospital, where we try to ensure that all patients have a good and positive experience. We hope that you will continue to recover well following your surgery’