"The speech therapist at PRH was very helpful "

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

(as a service user),

Has taken 10 weeks to get an appointment with the Shropshire community nerve rehabilitation team! When I chased my appointment up with TRAQS they referred me to Princess Royal Hospital, they couldn't find my referral!

The speech therapist at Princess Royal there was very helpful and got me an appointment very rapidly!

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Neon75

I am sorry to read of your disappointing experience whilst waiting for an appointment with the Shropshire Community Nerve Rehabilitation Team. Unfortunately TRAQS are unable to book appointments directly with this service and have to rely upon passing the information to the team via other methods. The service are then responsible for contacting the patient in due course to arrange an appointment according to their diary.

I am pleased to note that the Speech Therapist at PRH was able to help to arrange a prompt appointment for you.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with the team as without patients informing us of issues that arise we cannot work towards avoiding the same thing happening again.

I hope you are benefiting from the treatment you received.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments which will be forwarded to the physiotherapy manager to share with the staff Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service