"Wonderful Care and Staff"

About: Derriford Hospital

I was a patient for open heart surgery, and found all of the staff - doctors, nurses, and support staff, marvellous. Let's face it - it's better not to need to go there, but if you do, the care and attention (in my experience) went beyond the bounds of what I expected. Their patience and understanding surprised me because they have to put up with some 'awkward customers' (of which, I hope, I was not one) and never once did I see a sign of any of the staff losing patience. Derriford is very large, and at first appears to be a bit impersonal, but at ward level the hospital's size makes no difference. In a strange way, I quite miss it (but not so much that I want to go back, except, possibly, to say thank you).

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Paul

Thank you again for providing feedback.

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I hope you are recovering well from your recent stay with us. It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide the very best care to our patients. I would ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the wards ensuring they get the recognition they deserve. Thank you again for providing feedback. Best wishes Genny