"My mum was an inpatient for only ..."

About: Congleton War Memorial Hospital

My mum was an inpatient for only 10 days before being transferred back to Macclesfield - much to our relief. The worst thing about this hospital was the lack of communication from nurses. If you could find one to actually try to talk to, to find out what was going on, their attitude was abrupt and rude, and extremely negative. The room my mum was in was very cold, and there was little care to notice this and that on most visits I arrived to find my mum cold, with no additional blankets etc available. I did make a formal complaint about this and have been assured staff training is being undertaken and an engineer will be fixing the heating problem. I made the complaint in the hope that other patients / family would not suffer the same issues I encountered. I would therefore urge anyone who does encounter any of the problems I did, subsequent to my complaint (Jan 2009) to write to the complaints department, who were extremely helpful when dealing with my complaint.

Response from Congleton War Memorial Hospital

We were very disappointed to read that you and your mum did not have a good experience at Congleton War Memorial Hospital. We would like to apologise for this.

We are pleased that the staff in the Customer Care Department were able to assist and help you out at a difficult time.

The Matron for Elderly Care has personally been involved in resolving the issues you raised. We would like to reassure you that the heating has now been fixed and that room temperatures should be much more comfortable.

Once again please accept our apologies, and thank you for highlighting your concerns to the Customer Care Department.