"Councillor very easy to open up to"

About: Inclusion Matters Sefton

(as a service user),

What a difference it makes to speak your thoughts aloud in front of a counsellor who will ask a specific question and puts things into a new perspective. I’ve a huge anger problem which is a result of sexual abuse by a family member. I kept it quiet for many years and the relief when I told family was immense. Then bitterness took over as I felt adults knew or sensed things were amiss but turned a ‘blind eye’. These things didn’t happen in our family. I have never been able to maintain a relationship beyond two years and realise I’m not cut out for the white picket fence. My animals (all rescued) are my life and I actually feel content. I often wonder how I would be had I had a ‘normal’ loving family without all the distractions of an alcoholic biological mother and step-mother. Hell house! However this is the hand I was dealt with and I regret not having the wisdom of hindsight.

Special thanks to Keith who is such a calm soul and very easy to open up to.

Response from Elizabeth Forrest, CBT Therapist, Inclusion Matters

Dear 'Prints183',

Thank you for leaving your feedback for us on Patient Opinion.

Your feedback is very honest and shows a great deal of insight into the difficulties you have experienced.

It is my hope that your words will encourage others to seek help through our service.

I will make sure that your feedback is passed on to Keith and I wish you all the best for the future,

Lizzie