"Waiting Times"

About: St John's Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was referred to the Hand Clinic at St Johns Hospital Livingston in late April. From there, I was to get Nerve Conduction Studies. I only got put on that waiting list at the end of June 2014. I have been told that my full waiting time is to the end of September 2014. Meanwhile the power in my hand continues to decrease.

Can you explain to me, NHS Lothian, why it took from the end of April 2014 to the end of June to get referred to the list for Nerve Conduction Studies? and that I am having to wait from then, a full 12 weeks to get seen?

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Dear Fedupwaitingstill

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing regarding an appointment for Nerve Conduction Studies. I don't know why it took so long for you to be listed for an appointment but if you would like to contact the Customer Relations and Feedback team on 0131 536 3370 or email craft@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk and provide us with your details we would be happy to investigate and get back to you.

Update posted by Fedupwaitingstill (the patient)

Thank you for your response. I have made use of the complaints procedure now.Although a somewhat protracted process, I did receive a formal response outlining a 20 working day waiting period.