"Poor communication between services"

About: Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

TRAQS rang me on the Tuesday to offer me an appointment 2 days later at RJAH. I had the confirmation letter the very next day but the day after that on the Thursday I had a letter from RJAH to cancel my appointment and told I would get one in the near future.

I still don’t have an appointment now, it’s absolutely disgusting. One doesn't know what the other is doing.

Response from Kayleigh Aris, Clinical Governance Admin Assistant, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust

We apologise for the cancellation of your appointment. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our PALS service.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Wish749

I am disappointed to read that the appointment booked by TRAQS was cancelled by RJAH. Unfortunately this does sometimes happen but I am sure that you can appreciate that TRAQS cannot comment on actions taken by RJAH.

As suggested by Kayleigh at RJAH you may wish to contact the PALS officer who will be able to look into your concerns on behalf of the hospital?

If you do decide to contact the PALS office at RJAH their contact number is 01691 404606.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to the TRAQS team.

Response from Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

I am sorry to hear of your cancelled appointment. If you would like to discuss this further, you can contact the PALS Department on 01691 404606.