"I am well on my way to recovery"

About: Inclusion Matters Sefton

(as a service user),

I've been suffering from mental health problems for the past 3 years. It took 2 years of constant visits to my GP the finally get them to take me seriously and refer me to a service that could really help. I was first referred to CAMHS where I later found out I was too old to use their services, so they referred me to Inclusion Matters.

I had no idea what to expect from their services but after finishing my behavioural-cognitive therapy, I can assure you that I'm well on my way to recovery and it wouldn't have been possible without the amazing therapists at Inclusion Matters.

Response from Elizabeth Forrest, CBT Therapist, Inclusion Matters

Dear ‘mardybum’,

Thank you for leaving your feedback to Inclusion Matters via Patient Opinion.

It’s good to hear that you have benefited from your CBT sessions – I’m so pleased that we were able to play a part in your journey to recovery.

It concerns me that it took so long for you to get a referral from your GP. We are working closely with GP’s to increase their awareness of our service. We have also recently opened up self-referrals and referrals from other professionals so hopefully this will not be a problem in the future.

I wish you all the best for the future,