"Amazing midwife for my son's birth"

About: Victoria Hospital / Maternity care

I had the most amazing midwife throughout the birth of my son. He is my 3rd child so I was extremely nervous this time round as it was my first time to be induced.

Helen my midwife was so supportive throughout the whole day. She's the one who got me through that day and delivered my healthy 9lb 9oz son just before her shift ended. She was amazing I'll never forget her.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Reb

CONGRATULATIONS! Great to hear of the recent healthy addition to your family and delighted to hear how Helen supported you through the process. I will make sure I pass your post on to the midwifery team and ask them to make sure Helen sees this too.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share this

Regards

Louise Ewing

Patient Relations Manager

NHS Fife

• Reb thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Reb (the patient)

I think people are quick enough to tell everybody about their bad experiences, especially with the nhs and not enough people make such a deal when they have had a good one.

Response from John Wilson, Chief Executive, NHS Fife

Dear Reb

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your son and thank you for taking time to contact us when you already have your hands full! I was very please to read that you were pleased with the care you received from your midwife, Helen.

I know she will have been very pleased to hear your comments and I very much appreciate your remarks.

I hope all is going well with your family.

Best wishes,