"Staff went beyond their call of duty"

About: Wansbeck Hospital / Gynaecology

I have just returned from an outpatient appointment at the gyneacology department in Wansbeck General Hospital and had to write to commend the care and treatment I had today.

Mr Sproston is a lovely, caring, compassionate man who showed a genuine interest in my health issues, both within and outwith his area of responsibility. His medical team were also kind and compassionate - going beyond the call of duty to make sure I was comfortable at all times.

I have many ongoing health problems at the present time, and Mr Sproston listened patiently to my concerns.

Thank you for the wonderful care today - the Team are a great asset to the Trust.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Madam,

Please forgive me - I have only just discovered that the lovely review of the care you recieved as an outpatient 5 months ago has remained unanswered on the Patient Opinion webiste.

I am extremely sorry, this is not our usual practice - I usually try to respond to all posts as quickly as I can, out of respect for those who have taken the time to share thier views.

I'm still not sure how or why we have missed this, but the team at Patient opinion are keen to work with us to help ensure that there arent any barriers across our systems of communication that we are unaware of.

We also intend to routinely screen for any missed posts rather than wait for notification of activity on the site - hopefully this will avoid this situation happening again in the future.

With all that explained - can I now thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. Despite the delay, I know Mr Sproston and the team will be delighted to hear about all they got exactly right for you. I am glad you recived all the kindness and support you needed at this important time.

I hope 2015 is a happy and helathy one for you.

With best wishes,

Annie

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Madam, Sounds like you've been having quite a tough time lately with regards to your health ? I am so glad that you felt well supported and listened to - we know that the kindness our staff can make such a difference at these times. I will pass on your feedback to Mr Sproston and the team - our staff go beyond the call of duty every day, feedback like yours gives us the opportunity to acknowledge and appreciate their efforts. thanks for taking the time to get in touch, Annie