"Brilliant care at Trafford General"

About: Trafford General Hospital / General surgery

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

In March 2013, I had a hernia op on a new unit at Trafford General. I didn't have any problems there. The staff were lovely and the care was brilliant.

The only thing was that I was in and out in a day but I do understand that they've got lots of patients to see. Oh, and the consultant had an attitude problem when I told him I didn't want him to do what he wanted!

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices / Patient Opinion website regarding the care you received following your hernia operation in March 2013. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff.

It was reassuring to hear that you thought the staff were lovely and that the care you received was to a high standard. I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the ward manager and the staff in the Day Surgery unit.

It is difficult to respond to all the posts in a full way often because of a lack of detailed information, therefore if you would like to discuss your comments regarding the attitude of the consultant with us in more detail, please feel free to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk

The Patient Experience Team