"Disgraceful lack of care"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

I am a Gastroenterology outpatient and have had the misfortune to need fairly urgent care twice since being registered at Frimley Park. On both occasions I have struggled to get an appointment; the IBD nurse system which manages to function well in other hospitals, is a complete shambles. I am constantly having to chase for responses and have never been able to speak to the nurse over the phone. Instead I end up resorting to my GP for care, which is less than ideal. I have seen four different consultants (never the same one twice), and each time have had to explain my condition and history. When I raised these issues in a complaint to the Patient Services team, and later to the Chief Executive, I received a very unsatisfactory response which failed to address the key issue which is the lack of a good emergency contact, and the hospital has clearly taken no steps to address any of the problems raised - in fact, the IBD nurse contact hours have just dropped to 3 hours a week! Avoid this hospital if you want any sort of sensible and considerate care!

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

We are very sorry that you are continuing to experience problems with the IBD service after contacting the Patient Liaison team. They would welcome a further opportunity to try to help in the matter if you were able to contact them on 01276 526530.