"I was seen quickly, despite being ..."

About: London Road Community Hospital

I was seen quickly, despite being a late booking (only 2 hours earlier), was kept informed during all tests / procedures, including the likely waiting times. Food was available FOC (pre-packed sandwiches) which was fresh and very welcome. The doctor was very informative, not at all patronising, and gave good, reassuring advice. Drugs were made available (again FOC) without the need for a visit to the pharmacy.

Discussions with the doctor were easily overheard by all those in the waiting room. A seperate consultation room should have been available. My local GP had to waste 15 mins of his time trying to get through on the phone to make an appointment.

Efficient transfer of records to my GP. All told, a good experience.

Response from London Road Community Hospital

Thank you for your comments; we are pleased to hear that your visit to the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary was a positive experience. We value your feedback and are currently looking in to some of the points that you have raised. Patient confidentiality is important to us; if you would like to provide further details about the department you attended we would be able to look in to this matter. Please contact our PALS team who will be very happy to speak to you. pals@derbyhospitals.nhs.uk

J. Roberts, Communications