"Brilliant Paramedics and A&E Staff"

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Ambulance response no: 296, Saturday 5 July 2014 In the early hours of Saturday morning, 5th. July, I was unfortunate to suffer an autonomic nervous system malfunction syncope due to extremely severe back pain. This caused me to ‘black out’ and fall from a chair onto our tiled kitchen floor. My Wife heard the crash, found me and fearing that I had suffered a heart attack or stroke (I am approaching 70 years of age), immediately telephone Emergency Services. The response was incredible and the Paramedics were administering to me within less than 5 minutes! They were complete professionals; thorough, reassuring, respectful, empathetic, personable, pleasant and efficient. Wycombe General Hospital deemed it inappropriate to admit me so I was taken, by ambulance, to A & E, Stoke Mandeville Hospital. My treatment there was similarly superb; the Doctor, nurses (especially one) and others were kind, considerate, diligent and effective.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Your comments have been passed to the paramedics and the A&E team.

Bucks healthcare