"Major Unit - impressed"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Today I spent nearly 8hrs with a very poorly Mother in the Major Unit. I thought the staff were brilliant! I watched and listened as they juggled beds , dealt with awkward patients and looked after everyone on the unit. The staff were approachable, helpfull and the lady who was dealing with a crashed computer and the phone ringing and beds arriving and the (what I assumed was) emergency phone not once lost her cool. I was very impressed with how my mother was dealt with and the whole unit deserves a pat on the back. Thank you NHSS.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your very kind comments Alison. It is good to know that your mother was well looked after while in our care.

Should you ever wish to make a comment or need support at the hospital the you can also contact our Patient Experience Team on 0800 917 6039 or e-mail us on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your mother well for the future.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a positive experience. We will of course, pass your kind words on to the staff within the Emergency Department.