"Excellent care in the stroke clinic"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I accompanied my mother on a visit this week to the acute medical unit after she had a mini stroke (TIA). We were seen promptly and well looked after by the nurses who took her bloods, ECG etc. We then saw the doctor who was excellent, very thorough and caring in her examination and review of medical history. She took time to explain what would happen and then organised an appointment with the senior Doctor. We had to wait for CT and ultra-sound scans etc but not for an excessive amount of time and communication was very good. My overall impression was that this was a hospital in which the culture was one of patient first, given the stresses under which hospitals operate this is not a simple thing to achieve. When my mother was waiting in the corridor for me to return she was asked many times if she was ok, did she need help, are you lost etc. This is a real sign that the service /care ethic is pervasive across all staff levels and not just "poster mission statements".

Response from Maxine May, Communications Officer, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are very pleased to read that you felt your mother was so well looked after and received such a high level of compassionate care. I will pass on your comments to the team concerned; I’m sure they will be absolutely delighted to read your feedback.

Maxine May

Communications Officer

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are very pleased to read that you felt your mother was so well looked after and received such a high level of compassionate care. I will pass on your comments to the team concerned; I’m sure they will be delighted to read your feedback. Kind regards Maxine May Communications Officer