"appointments"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I had a heart attack in April when i was on holiday I contacted my GP as soon as I returned, I was referred to the vic cardio unit, the appointment was on the 6th of June nearly 2 month after the heart attack and learnt nothing, now I've just found out that my stress test will take up to 5 months. sorry i just dont get it! frustrating to say the least....my work will not let me do anything other than office work and I hate it.....but it begs the question....I was treated for hypertention for a few years prior to the heart attack the meds i was on did not work as my blood pressure was sky high everytime...so why was i not referred sooner!

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Jimmy,

I have spoken with the Matron in the Cardiac Centre regarding the issues raised about your Hypertension, this would need to be discussed further with the treating clinician. If the clinician was from Blackpool Victoria Hospital, a meeting can be facilitated to discuss this further. You can arrange a meeting by contact our Patient Relations team on 01253 955589 or pals@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk

Kind Regards

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)

Response from Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to the Lancashire Cardiac Centre, Blackpool Victoria Hospital. I am sorry to hear that there has been a delay with the appointments for investigation into your recent heart attack. Appointments can be expedited via the GP if they clinically indicate this, without further details I am unable to investigate whether the GP requested this. I have spoken with the Matron in the Cardiac Centre regarding the issues raised about your Hypertension, this would need to be discussed further with the treating clinician. If the clinician was from Blackpool Victoria Hospital, a meeting can be facilitated to discuss this further. You can arrange a meeting by contacting our Patient Relations team on 01253 955589 or pals@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk Kind Regards Paul Jebb Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)