"Treatment of young people in hospital "

About: North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Wythenshawe Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was rushed into Wythenshawe hospital with tonsillitis a while ago. I had to wait ages to be seen, about three hours. I was sent somewhere to be seen and then sent somewhere else where I had to wait ages again. I was given tablets but they didn't help and I could open my mouth to take them.

Finally, I was put in a room with screaming babies and had to have lots of needles in me. I saw the needles and they were massive, I was so scared.

I'm thirteen and wanted Mum to stay with me overnight but she wasn't allowed. One night a nurse did stay with me.

The staff at the hospital were really nice and the ambulance people that came to my house were great, they talked alot.

Response from North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Its good to hear the ambulance staff were great and hopefully helped to put you at ease a little. Our staff do have to ask what seems like a lot of questions in order to accurately assess what type of care is best for each patient.

I hope you are now feeling much better.