"Complex Needs"

About: Buckingham Hospital

I had been in services for many years, with a mixture of diagnosis, medicated until I could hardly function. Had regular inpatient stays and CPN visits, with Psychiatrist overseeing care.

I was persuaded to join a new service, being provided in Buckinghamshire, 'The Complex Needs', starting in a once a week, for two hours group. I eventually got into the Therapeutic Community, having come off every psychiatric drug I had been taking. The therapy, which ran three days a week, for six hours a day, was intense, hard work, fun, revealing, challenging, but well worth the eighteen months. I now have no contact with services (unless training with them), take no psychiatric drugs and have had no CPN, Psychiatrist or in patient stays since completing therapy. This service is rounded, though, supportive, informative and inclusive. It takes self referral's as well as professional referral's. It excludes no one and self supporting, as it run by the group themselves. I can not praise this service enough. It has saved my life.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your kind words about the service you have used. On this occasion the information supplied was insufficient for me to be able to locate the team and pass your comments directly to them. If you would like me to pass your comments to the correct team you can contact me on pals@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk and I would be happy to assist.

Bucks healthcare.