"Rude uncooperative staff in blood testing dept"

About: Broomfield Hospital

I am very unhappy at the way I have been treated in the blood testing dept at Broomfield hospital today thurs 24th July. I was sent in with a genetic testing form which the consultant warned me might upset them but was quite sure it could be done and then left in the fridge overnight . When I presented the form the only greeting I received was a lot of huffing and puffing and an" I told this doctor we can't do these today" . Another member of staff was brought in also completely unfriendly who had spoken to the lab and would put it in the fridge but obviously under duress . The blood was eventually taken during which at lot more huffing and puffing took place as my veins are not good following chemotherapy. When I left the phlebotomist then complained "now I've got to take it to the lab". I really don't think it is fair to involve patients in interdepartmental fighting.

Response from Broomfield Hospital

I am very sorry about the service you received yesterday 24th July. I have forwarded to the Phlebotomy Manager who will address with the team. Best wishes and thank you for the feedback.