"Summer party thrown by John Eastwood Hospice"

About: John Eastwood Hospice, day care/in care

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I would like to take the opportunity to thank the staff, management and volunteers for the incredible and exemplary care I have received. In addition to the numerous benefits of this service, I would like to highlight the wonderful party we enjoyed this summer. This was the third such event I have been able to attend at the hospice. Every effort was made to give us (the service users) a great time. I cannot tell you how valuable these events are. They may feel like just social events but they are so much more. They not only give us something to look forward to but leave us and our loved ones with very special memories. To see service users dancing and singing with the artist brought tears to our eyes, it was a real joy. The meal was really enjoyable and in keeping with the theme of the day. Many thanks once again to all involved.

Response from Emma Roberts, Head of Specialist Palliative Services, John Eastwood Hospice and Bassetlaw Hospice, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for sharing your story about our World Cup themed party in day hospice. I will ensure the team see what you have written and your appreciation of the Brazil day.

The clinical team and volunteers also enjoyed the day, espcecially the lunch. It was a really happy day and as you rightly say the memories of it are very special.

We will continue to think of innovative ways to create enjoyment.