"The consultant I saw obviously ..."

About: The James Cook University Hospital

The consultant I saw obviously had a communication problem, I started with a sister who started the consultation who then invited the consultant in to confirm her diagnosis at no point did the consultant speak to me directly. The same happpened when I went for a pre op ECG the nurse called me in told me to strip and went about her business and did not speak to me. When I mentioned this she said she was worried about another patient. Aftter the op I was left sitting there while a decision was made whether I was to stay the night or not (no beds). Again no information until I asked.

I think it's fairly obvious Hello Mr we are just going to do this and it will take this long and we have you out of here in nn minutes/ hours does not take a lot of effort, especially in a worrying time.

Albiet the second consultant I saw kept me fully informed it just needs to be all staff

Response from The James Cook University Hospital

I am sorry that you had a disturbing experience at The James Cook University Hospital. Communication is of paramount importance when dealing with patients, relatives and carers who attend our Trust. In order for your issues to be investigated further I would very much welcome contact to our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on Freephone 0800 0282451.