"Skylink driver (Trent Barton buses)"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

On arriving at A&E after been dropped off by a work colleague at around 04.30 on the morning of the 13th July 2014 with a hand injury. Soon as I walked in I was greeted by the polite and very attentive staff, even though they were clearly busy with the Saturday night crowd. I was seen quickly and taken into x ray. On my way it was easy to see how much pressure, our medical staff are under, because the waiting room was full, and every treatment bay was full. And I must admit, I was completely taken back by how quickly I went through the process. During each step through the procedure, I felt well informed and comfortable, because of that. It clearly inspired me to find this site and write in, and I never do anything like this. It is so clear to me, that we have the best NHS staff. They are so good at what they do, and most of the time they work under difficult conditions. Our staff are the best in the world. I think some people give the staff a hard time and they don't deserve that. So what I would like so say to everyone who works for the NHS, in every department throughout QMC . Security, cleaners, reception staff, doctors, nurses, surgeons. Etc the list goes on. A Great big thank you.. You are what makes this country great. I love you all.. And a massive thank you to all A&E staff, the Sunday 13th July 2014.. X-Ray nurse. The nurse that made me a cup of Tea ;). The nurse that brought everybody tea/coffee in the waiting room. The nurse that strapped up my hand. The physiotherapy staff. All staff and doctors in the fracture clinic on Wednesday morning on the 23rd July 2014. Well done. You got me writing in because I was very impressed with your professionalism. Thank again.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to find this site and write in to share your experience of our Emergency Department. It is great to hear how happy you were with the treatment you received an all our colleagues you encountered in ED and the Fracture Clinic. We will pass your kind words and thanks on to all of them, we are sure they will appreciate your message.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award and it takes just a few minutes to do so. The Acute Medicine category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. You can nominate via our website at http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre