"Amazing birth experience"

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

At about 34 weeks pregnant I made the decision to move to St Peters because our local hospital was in special measures. From the very first appointment until being discharged after the birth, the care I received was second to none. The staff all work as a team and every small detail is looked after and all promises are kept. I was also under the care of a member of staff in the Birth Reflections team due to a previous traumatic birth and her advice and care helped me feel confident in having a natural birth. For the birth, despite being amazingly quick, the midwives all followed my birth plan and again worked as a well organised team. Special thanks are also due to the midwife who led the birth, she was incredible. Post natal care was also excellent and despite the huge number of births that take place at the hospital we were made to feel important and individually cared for.

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Dear Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to post on NHS Choices and congratulations on the arrival of your baby. We are delighted to hear you had such a positive experience all the way from 34 weeks pregnant to being discharged and we will take your feedback to the team involved in your care. We hope both you and baby are doing well.