" What an excellent level of nursing I experienced"

About: Sandwell General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was admitted to hospital after being diagnosed with cellulitis.

I feel I have to say something about the excellent level of nursing I experienced at Sandwell Hospital on Newton 3 Ward. The nurses displayed a level of professionalism & care for all the patients on the ward that needs to be recognized at a higher level. I personally feel that the care I received helped speed up my recovery.

The nursing staff always seemed to be busy on the ward & maybe sometimes if they were short staffed, took a little longer to get to you, but they always apologised & took time to explain what was happening.

There are some nurses I specifically want to thank, but I apologise for not knowing there surnames. They are Tracey & Helda, a formidable team when they are working together, Monica, Claire, Henley & Rebecca. Also Claire the Ward manager & Sonia, who ensured my discharge from the ward was handled efficiently & without the time delays that some patients seemed to experience prior to me.

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. Your kind words will be passed on directly to all those involved. I am very glad to hear you had such a positive experience in one of our hospitals and I hope you will continue to think highly of us and services we offer. Thank you and I wish you well. Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.