"Impressed by booking system and hospital treatment"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Having suffered severe pain in my right knee for several months, I was referred to my GP at Wellington Road Surgery, Newport very quickly via the TRAQS system to the consultant surgeon at the orthopaedic fracture clinic at Princess Royal Hospital Telford.

I was very impressed with the booking system and the efficiency of the staff involved. Having arrived for 2. 20pm appointment, I was directed in a matter of minutes to the X-Ray room and shortly after to the consultant surgeon who was extremely thorough and efficient with the diagnosis. I left the hospital a few mins after 3pm and was extremely satisfied with the excellent service received.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated. Although your referral was processed by the TRAQS team we note that your comments relate to the Princess Royal Hospital NHS Trust and as such we are unable to comment on their behalf.

Please may we direct you the Patient Advice Liaison Officer (PALS) at Princess Royal Hospital. They will be able to take your comments further on behalf of the Orthopaedic Department.

PALS PRH - 01952 282888

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the fracture clinic at the Princess Royal Hospital Di Dvais Patient Advice and Liaison Service