"absolutely awful midwife"

About: William Harvey Hospital

When my girlfriend was in labour all night long until 8 in the morning when my baby boy was born, we were allocated a midwife for the night who was truly unbelievable she totally did not care about anything, my girlfriend was having severe contractions and in a lot of pain and the midwife kept telling her "why are you being so loud?" and "ive had 2 kids it doesnt hurt that much". I could not believe how much this midwife did not care, and to top it all off at about 3am i looked over to see her fast alseep on a chair with her face pushed up against the wall whilst my girlfriend was having contractions, then we asked if we could get someone else in here and she simply said no. I really hope no body ever has to have this midwife, she has no care and i cannot believe the NHS would employ such a careless midwife.

Thank you for your feedback, and I am very sorry to hear of your experience which is absolutely unacceptable and does not meet the standards we would expect from our staff. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and I will investigate this further for you. If you would like to talk to someone about your experiences, I would be able to arrange this for you.

I do hope you are enjoying your new born son now you are at home together.