"Bariatric Surgery saved my life"

About: Adult community services / Lymphoedema Service Rotherham Hospital / Gastroenterology

Overnight stay in "Travel lodge", which wasn't very good I. e. no lift, no wake up call, hence missed booked taxi!

Arrived a little late but late into surgery anyway surgery to take 2 hours, mine took 6 hours due to having a gigantic hiatus hernia, which pushed all my organs up and into my chest.

This needed to be pulled down whereby one of the organs burst and therefore needed repairing before the real surgery could begin. This took ages and therefore needed repairing before the real surgery could begin. This took ages before the Bariatric Surgery which in the end took place.

I can truthfully say that by having the B. Surgery, it totally saved my life and I would like this noted in the health services journal. This surgery did indeed save my life and I am very grateful.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

#hellomynameis Kerry, thank you for your post on Patient Opinion. We really appreciate your feedback on your surgery here at the Trust and your comments and thanks will be passed on to the staff concerned,

With best wishes, Kerry